Hey Shapa Fam! I’m Kaylyn, a health coach, full-time working mom, wife, and fitness enthusiast. Like many of you, I’m now also working from home and homeschooling my daughter due to the coronavirus. What a crazy time we’re living in right now!
If you’re like me, you’re probably going a little stir-crazy and having a hard time getting your activity in. Here’s a short 30-minute, bodyweight circuit you can sneak in before the kids wake up or on your lunch break to help shake out those “crazies”:
Short 30-minute Bodyweight Circuit
Complete each circuit and rest for 1 minute before moving on to the next circuit. Complete as many rounds as you can within 30 minutes. If you aren’t sure how to do an exercise, you can Google any of them to find instructions!
Need more ideas on how to get moving while we’re all stuck at home? Here are a few more:
- The outdoors isn’t shut down yet! Go for a walk, run, or hike. Take the kids to help them get some energy out too.
- Need a quick cardio burst? Grab a jump rope or run some stairs for a quick HIIT session.
- Instagram and YouTube are bursting with free workout content. You can do Zumba, yoga, barre, kickboxing, or whatever you like from your living room.
- If you need some added intensity add weights or bands if you have them! Bands are inexpensive and can be delivered right to you. Books, soup cans, or gallon jumps filled with water also make great options.
- If you’re working from home, schedule times throughout the day to be active. Take 10 minutes here and there to walk around the block or even just around your house.
Hope these help you stay active over the coming weeks! Stay sane and healthy out there!
About the author:
Kaylyn Laws is an online health coach and NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist and She currently resides in Lehi, UT. She specializes in helping people reach their health goals through teaching healthy habits and easy nutrition. When she isn’t coaching, you can find her on a hike with her family or snuggling her two cats at home. Learn more about Kaylyn on Instagram @coachkaylyn.
Looking to sleep better, eat a bit healthier, move more, build a practice of self-care, or just want to feel more energy each day? Let Shapa be your virtual coach. Shapa focuses your program based on YOUR lifestyle and YOUR goals so you can build healthy habits and achieve lasting results. Learn more about the Shapa difference.