With the holidays coming up, there is no better time to take a closer look at your sugar intake than by participating in our October Sugar Swap Challenge!
Our goal for the next four weeks is to provide helpful information about added sugar and provide tips and ideas on how to swap those items out for a healthier, more nutritious version.
Are you up for the challenge? Here is how it works:
The Sugar Swap Challenge: October 7, 2019- November 1, 2019
Each week we challenge you to swap out something you eat that has a lot of added sugar for a healthier alternative. By the end of the 4 weeks, you should have a total of 4 things you swapped out.
Purpose of the challenge:
- Reduce your sugar intake
- Discover healthier alternatives that you actually still enjoy 🙂
- Learn different names for sugar
- Learn how to read nutrition labels and ingredient list for added sugars
- Reveal food products that you might not have realized had added sugar
- Learn creative ways to swap added sugar from other Shapa users!
- Swap one thing you usually eat that is high in sugar for something that is preferable more natural and > 3 grams of sugar.
- Each week of the challenge you will add one more thing to swap.
- Monday of each week, we will post in the FB community and you need to comment and let us know what you are swapping out so we know you are still participating and so we can help hold you accountable!
- Post a picture of your sugar swap in our FB community. We want to see how you get creative!
- Have fun with it! Invite your friends or family to get involved with you.
- Feel great, and learn a few things along the way 🙂
- Plus a bonus! We will be giving away a $20 dollar Amazon gift card for the participant(s) who:
1. Comment on our post with their swap at the beginning of each week
2. Separately post a picture of their swap each week in the FB community group
Winner will be announced the following Monday after the challenge ends. The winner(s) will receive their gift card via email no later than a week from the winner announcement date.
Looking to sleep better, eat a bit healthier, move more, build a practice of self-care, or just want to feel more energy each day? Let Shapa be your virtual coach. Shapa focuses your program based on YOUR lifestyle and YOUR goals so you can build healthy habits and achieve lasting results. Learn more about the Shapa difference.